Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bye Bye Baby Mullets

Its been almost a year since the twins got their first haircut, or buzz. As most of you can imagine, having twins is alot of work, and giving them a haircut has definitely been one of the LAST priorities on our list. Over the last 9 months their hair has slowly grown into cute little curly mullets. People would ask on a weekly basis when we were going to give them a haircut. At first, I really liked how cute it made them. (reminded me of late 70's boy hair-which has recently become popular again amongst the hair trends of todays youth). But more than just the "cuteness" was pure laziness-or lack of desire to wrestle the little monkeys without just purely shaving their head bald (which is what Greg wanted to do). But last night was probably the straw that broke this camels back. During dinner, they were just rubbing all sorts of food in their hair and one look at them, and I told Greg-"Its finally time to tame the mullets!" So as you can see from the before and after pictures-it was well over due. They really do look like different kids. Funny how hair can do that!

10 comments:

Christie said...

Wow... they do look totally different! But sooo cute:) I'm having the same prob with Jack... I can't seem to cut his hair!

Jeanette said...

Isn't it sad how haircuts instantly make them look like little boys and not babies anymore? They look adorable. If you have any tips on keeping them still during the haircut-let me know.

Colette said...

J-We put them in the sink in the bathroom and they played in the water while we chopped away-it actually was easier than I thought it was going to be!

Ammon said...

OH MY GOSH! You don't have twins, you have triplets! They are mini-Cj's! CRAZY!
And, I thought you guys were just going for Greg's high school mullet look! (hahahaha...)

the Wirigs said...

Wow Colette they look so much different still cute (of course), but they look so much older! I can't imagine wrestling twins for a hair cut Justin is 7 and still hates having his hair cut! He hates all the little hairs on his face and neck. We always delay as long as possible...then Spencer cuts it really short almost shaved so we don't have to go through the whole routine again for a very long time! Anyway, they look very handsome! smiles, andie

Patty O. said...

They are adorable. It is amazing how different they look after haircuts. Danny hates having his hair cut and since he really wiggles a lot while we cut, we have to use hair clippers and I know the noise really gets to him. So, we also cut it really short so we only have to do it every couple of months and it never ceases to amaze me how grown-up he looks once it is cut.

The Hollemans said...

Cute!! I love the new hair, although theyll always be cute.

Heather said...

Their hair looks so cute but I'll miss those long curly locks. Bobby wanted to shave Ayden's hair too, what's up with that!? They look like such big boys now.

Anonymous said...

Long hair or short, we *love* watching them at church! I think for me it makes me nostalgic for my twin sister (she's in CA).

Anonymous said...

They are so handsome! I love the new haircuts.