Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Birthday Bliss


When it comes to birthdays in our house, when it rains-it pours!  In other words, December and June are our kids birthday months.  Funny how that works-huh?!  So I wanted to share some birthday pics of the kids.  It was Ethan's year to have a party, and he wanted to have water games outside.  So we bought some extra big water guns and lots of water ballons and the kids had fun getting wet!



Ethan wanted a Wall-e cake, but when I went to Wal-mart to order it, they were really rude and said they needed 24hrs (I was only asking 8 hrs in advance-I quess that wasn't long enough!)  So instead, we went over to the toy section and got a Star Wars lego set and I decorated a cake for him.  He liked this one waaaay more than the Wall-e one!


Ethan got lots of fun presents and enjoyed a "sleepover" with his buds.  Happy 8th Birthday Ethan!



As for the twinners-it was really low key.   Our friends, the Poultons, invited us over for pizza and swimming...and by the time we were done with swimming, the babies were also done for the day-they were tooooo tired to sing happy birthday to.  So, we saved some cupcakes and sang again to them the next day!  Its hard to believe 2 years have gone by so quickly!


5 comments:

Heidi P said...

such cute pictures! What a great mom you are to put that cake together- soooo creative and talented.

barterboutique said...

Ain't nothin' like the summer! And--I could go for about a dozen of those cupcakes with the overly sweet icing--yummmmmm.....

Happy Birthday Ethan, Riley, and Brock!

Christie said...

HAHA I love the pics of the twins crying with the cupcakes & then the next day they're not! Too cute!
Looking at all your fun pics made me miss our backyard;(

Clinton said...

2 already! Time flies- I love the one of the twiners crying :) I can't beleive that Ethan is 8! Love you guys!

-Tami

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this birthday cake idea! My son is obsessed with Star Wars and Lego and even has the same LEgo Star Wars set. I will probably copy this in January!